Details

The business is located in Fairfield County, CT and offers dance classes for ages 4 through high school as well as adults. The business started in 2016 after seeing an opportunity in the Fairfield County area to step away from the more traditional dance school and company offerings and instead shift into an urban dance focused class offering, bringing something new and fresh to the community and the community responded in kind.

Over the course of the first 3 years in business, the company showed a 77% increase in its student base. The business was significantly impacted by COVID-19, reducing their student count by 50%, but moving into the 2021 dance year the company has seen a 38% increase from year prior.

85% of the studio’s revenue comes from kids classes with the remaining 15% coming from a combination of adult class revenue, workshops, camps, studio and outside events.

FACILITIES:
The business is conveniently located in a centrally located shopping plaza in town with several other store fronts including restaurants and a grocery store. This proves extremely beneficial to clients as a one-stop shop for class participation and errand running.
The studio is handicap accessible. The total size of the studio is 1,838 sq ft with about 1,500 of that designated to the studio space itself. There are two bathrooms. One handicap and the other is a full bathroom with shower. The studio also has a small office space.

The studio has track lighting (on dimmers) as well as “party lights” including disco ball, pin lights and strobes. All lighting will be left for new owners.

Stereo/Speaker: See Attached Pictures

Flooring: Core Luxe Waterproof Rigid Vinyl Plank w/ Attached Pad (warranty included)?
Furniture: There are several pieces of furniture include a coach, storage bins, shelving units, reception desk, retail fixtures, desks and filing cabinets that can be left for the new owners.

The studio also has several seasonal decorations that are open to the new owners. Unused office supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper, paper, etc can be left to new owners. As well as any dispensers already installed.

SUPPORT & TRAINING:

Up to 6 months time from sale date. Hours and support negotiable, to possibly include:
- Support in business operations
- Support in client transition
- We could potentially offer support in marketing, but this would be contingent on ensuring that we feel comfortable with the new owner’s business offerings, service and business model.
- Support in introduction to key contacts in town such as Chamber of Commerce, local charities, school contacts, etc.

GROWTH & EXPANSION:

New owners could look to grow the business in several ways including but not limited to the following,
Increase size of current studio location.
Open an additional studio location.
Develop an on-line leg of the business. (specific for kids)
Shift from an urban dance focused studio to include additional dance styles. NOTE: There are many other dance studios in the area that do this, so if this was to be done, we would highly recommend that there is a point of differentiation developed that would help convince parents to make a shift. New owners could also look to bring in additional styles that are not widely offered within the area such as latin or even ballroom.

Click the "Contact" button NOW to request an NDA and receive the full offering memorandum for more info.

Learn More

Sign up for a free membership. Get instant access to thousands of listings. Learn about our membership plans.

Disclaimer: DealStream has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness. This listing does not constitute an offer to sell, solicit or make an offer to buy an investment interest. Offers to sell, or the solicitation of offers to buy, any security can only be made through official offering documents, such as a subscription agreement and private placement memorandum.