S

Details

This Earthwork & Industrial Site Prep business completes 225 jobs per year, with a minimum of 20 active projects at one time! Located in Victoria, Texas and with 90+ FT employees, their average client tenure is 13 years. Sale size ranges from $10k to $1.5M, with an average of $350k. With $9.4M in WIP and over $3M in their pipeline, work is plentiful for this well-diversified team. They offer a vast array of heavy civil construction services, including building streets, subdivisions, commercial site preparation, and industrial work at petrochemical plants, as well as utility system construction, earthwork, site preparation, coastal erosion control, shoreline protection, and general maintenance. Clients are comprised of private developers, industrial, city, county, and state governments, and GC’s. This versatile offering of services and diverse client base works in this company’s favor, as they don’t rely heavily on one client or sector. Approximately 30% of their work is as the GC, primarily for the county, city, or state. The other 70% involves working for the GC on a project as the sub. While they do have a go-to list of subcontractors when needed, the majority of the time, it’s their own 90+ person team completing the work, which boosts profit margin.

Over $7M in assets includes $5M in heavy equipment, $1.2M in vehicles, $57k worth of trailers, tools valued at $365k, and office furniture & software worth $379k. The team works out of a 6,000 sq. ft. office building located on 5 acres of land; their facilities also include 1 heavy equipment shop, 1 truck shop (2,000 sq. ft. each), and 1 fuel & oil shed (1,200 sq. ft.). The owner of the business owns the facility under a separate entity and leases it back to the business for $9,000/month; this rate would be kept the same under new ownership. With a solid reputation in the area, the business has long-standing relationships with customers and GC’s alike; they are able to keep their service area within a 100-mile radius of the office.

Utilizing top notch ComputerEase, HCSS, AGTEK, and Trimble software, this well-respected team receives invites to bid from GC’s they’ve worked with over the years where they have a 75% win rate; they also subscribe to websites that send notices of upcoming projects that are up for public bidding, with a 25% success rate on those. Priced at $20,250,000, there is ample opportunity for growth. Expanding the service area to other gulf states for high margin erosion control projects and actively pursuing more bids would certainly lead to an increase in revenue. There is currently a very limited sales team and little to no marketing. Working Capital is $2.1M and would transfer to the new owner.

Learn More

Sign up for a free membership. Get instant access to thousands of listings. Learn about our membership plans.

Disclaimer: DealStream has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness. This listing does not constitute an offer to sell, solicit or make an offer to buy an investment interest. Offers to sell, or the solicitation of offers to buy, any security can only be made through official offering documents, such as a subscription agreement and private placement memorandum.