No photo available
Details - Information last confirmed on June 9, 2021
20+ year established global climate change non-profit for sale. Global Warming Initiatives (GWI) Mission: Turning energy efficiency and environmental performance into a corporate asset while reducing global warming. After 34 years of working for IBMs facilities engineering department, the Seller was asked by North Carolina’s governor to head up an initiative to measure the state’s greenhouse gases. The initiative was born out of a combined DOE/EPA grant. The grant required the auditing of various manufacturing facilities to identify their carbon emissions. This reporting was submitted on a YOY basis to the DOE and served as a baseline for any mandatory reporting that may come. The reports are also in a submission ready format that has been approved by the worldwide Carbon Disclosure Project ([ external link ]). After the grant money depleted, the Seller continued the reporting efforts under the newly formed non-profit, GWI. The purchase of GWI includes:
- the rights to the name and the non-profit status
- the historical data of large and small manufacturing facilities across the globe
- a guide on how to collect data, create reports in a submission ready format and write-up suggestions on how to increase energy efficiency, and an electronic based program for capturing and formatting all data received during audits.
- a list of partners with whom GWI has worked with in the past to help facilities implement the recommendations for becoming more energy efficient
- a training guide on how to collect, convert and trade carbon emissions on the global exchange
- 3 months of access to the Seller's expertise at 5 - 10 hours per week
For additional information, please contact listing agent.
Learn More About This Listing
Sign up for a free basic membership to start buying and selling. Learn about our membership plans.
Disclaimer: DealStream has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness. This listing does not constitute an offer to sell, solicit or make an offer to buy an investment interest. Offers to sell, or the solicitation of offers to buy, any security can only be made through official offering documents, such as a subscription agreement and private placement memorandum.