No photo available

Details

30+ year established prime-location full-service salon and online haircare retail business is available for acquisition. The current owner acquired the established salon in 2010 and streamlined and improved the overall operation and with the gained experience and knowledge, established, now a successful online retail business in 2016. While the salon caters to the established local clientele providing a wide range of professional haircare and nail services, the online business is targeted towards nationwide clientele selling high-quality and professional hair care products on major retail websites. This establishment operates in a 4,000+ SF retail strip center anchored by a national supermarket chain surrounded by affluent residential neighborhoods. The interior is furnished with modern decorations and features an open floor plan embracing large open spaces with each section designated for hair and nail care and private rooms for waxing. The majority of the customers are upper-income individuals of all ages from the heavily populated residential neighborhood. The salon provides a wide range of services from hair coloring and treatment, haircuts, waxing, and nail services and the online business consists of multiple major listings sites, including Amazon, Walmart, and eBay, selling high-quality major brand name hair care products at a competitive price point as well as products the owner developed for special hair care through many trials and errors, which are deemed to be better quality at much inexpensive price. The pandemic was a major setback for the salon and is slowly but surely recovering. Meanwhile, the online business has been growing every year since its establishment and flourished in the last few years, growing from $1.23 million to $1.53 million from 2019 to 2020 and to $2.21 million in 2021.

This business enjoys multiple sources of income from chair rental income, a commission from the stylists, retail sales from the salon, and online. The nationwide operation online business generates 80% of total sales while the local operation salon generated the remaining 20%. It is evident that the consumers have shifted their shopping habits due to the pandemic and the owner has taken a proactive approach by creating a proprietary software to streamline ordering and efficiency and secured a strong relationship with the manufacturers and distributors, which enabled them to offer products at a very competitive price. The competition is expected but limited in both businesses and a few of the biggest advantages this business possesses are that most of the inventory is stored onsite at one of the larger salons in North Dallas and unnecessary storage expenses are eliminated due to established relationships with the manufacturers and distributors, they can offer competitive prices and even below the MSRP.

The current owners have established all the legwork and successfully built a truly profitable business up to this point but have no further desire to grow and are seeking other opportunities. Despite the success, there is still room for growth for an enthusiastic buyer to take it to the next level by adding more brands and more products online, proactively marketing the salon on social media platforms, and actively promoting the salon’s online store. The sale includes all the assets including fixed assets and intellectual property including the listing sites, proprietary software, trademarks, and operational trade secrets. The po...

Learn More

Sign up for a free membership. Get instant access to thousands of listings. Learn about our membership plans.

Disclaimer: DealStream has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness. This listing does not constitute an offer to sell, solicit or make an offer to buy an investment interest. Offers to sell, or the solicitation of offers to buy, any security can only be made through official offering documents, such as a subscription agreement and private placement memorandum.