Jun 8, 2020 — Founded in 2017 by an MIT PhD engineer to address the growing demand for extraction technology, this company develops industrial-grade, Supercritical CO2 extraction machinery for use in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries. Incorporating a team of best in class engineers and scientists and armed with strong IP, the company designs and manufactures commercial machines, custom or standard SKU, from the ground up fully in house.
The Company currently continues expansion of its product offering to include developing a novel environmentally friendly sterilization technology with broad potential applications including mitigating the spread of the Coronavirus and other pathogens.
In addition, in response to the urgent global need for high quality, medical grade, protective face masks, the Company has deployed its talented US-based team of specialists in design, engineering, manufacturing, and sales to develop and manufacture a line of consumable medical supplies including face masks, gowns and caps made in the USA.
CO2 Extraction: Common use cases for the Company’s machinery include extraction of lipids, oils, resins, dyes, aromatherapy oils, food additives, hemp, and hemp-related biomass. The largest target customer market utilizes the Company’s machines to extract cannabinol (“CBD”) from hemp biomass.
Supercritical CO2 extraction offers the highest efficiency for the lowest operating costs. The process is simply the best way to extract essential oils on an industrial scale. Supercritical CO2 is highly efficient, often able to extract > 98% of precious active compounds and oils. In addition, supercritical CO2 has a number of other advantages:
• CO2 costs far less than ethanol – only pennies per pound in bulk.
• CO2 leaves no residual solvents – no risk of product contamination.
• CO2 is clean and easy – no risk of contamination by pesticides, water, or other compounds.
• CO2 is easy to handle and store – no risk of fire or explosions.
Sterilization Technology: Supercritical CO2 in combination with co-solvents is used in our machines to sterilize medical devices and garments to a SAL 3 or SAL 6 level.
Medical Supplies: As an adjunct to the sterilization business, the company has recently begun manufacturing Personal Protective Equipment. Our first product, a protective face mask, has the following characteristics:
• Medical grade, 3-ply polypropylene
• Effective filtering of airborne particles
• Washable & reusable
• Easy to breathe through
• NIOSH tested
• Made in the USA
• All workers paid a living wage
• Currently manufacturing 10,000 per day with the ability to ramp to 100,000 per day as dictated by demand.
The Company differentiates as follows:
• CO2 Extraction products intended for industrial Scale Production for greater than 2000+ Pounds/Day
• 2x25L CO2 Extraction products that are scalable and meet the needs of independent producers
• Full engineering and design capabilities. manufacturing most major components from first principles
• ASME and PE Certifications, TSSA, CRNs, and other third-party certifications supplied as required
• Pricing structure is competitive with the national brands
• Proprietary processes that provide the ability to produce THC-free extracts from hemp biomass, using direct-to-Isolate (“DTI”) methods that eliminate multiple expensive and time consuming steps in conventional cannabis extraction
Disclaimer: DealStream has not independently verified any of the information in this post and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.