Jan 20, 2020 — Dramatic Price Reduction!! This owner is anxious to sell and has reduced the asking price from 8.8 million to 7.9 million. This price is less than what the real estate, improvements and land were valued at. Call today, the owner is ready to entertain and discuss any reasonable offers...
The land on which the company is located was originally purchased in 1932. Since then they have purchased additional land and constructed the buildings currently being sold. The company has been passed down and sold several times since then, but it has always remained in the same family. The current majority owner has owned the company and all assets since 1984 when he bought out the rest of his family.
The Seller is proposing an asset sale structure. The assets being sold are as follow:
• The 104 acres owned by JDSSTO Investments, LTD;
• all buildings owned by Rye, LTD that are located on the same 104 acres;
• all the tangible and intangible assets of the business called Hilltop Herb Farm, LLC (the restaurant and banquet facility);
• and the assets of the business known as The Retreat at Artesian Lakes, (DBA-resort and conference center).
The conference center is a corporate retreat facility designed, built and operated to support learning. Whether working with a start-up company or a Fortune 500 conglomerate, it offers the complete combination of setting, amenities and programs to ensure the success of corporate meetings, seminars, workshops and planning retreats.
It is located approximately 60 miles northeast of downtown Houston. Quietly nestled in over 500 acres of East Texas pines and surrounded by inter-connected artesian water lakes, the conference center provides the solitude and communion with nature key to opening the mind and heart to growth experiences and relationship building.
Complete Meeting Packages:
• Lodging in authentic log cabins or executive private homes overlooking lakes or in log suites set in a pine grove
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at Hilltop Restaurant
• Meeting Room with basic A/V Package
• Morning & Afternoon Snack Breaks and Continuous Beverage Service
• Evening Hospitality Suite set up with games
They offer several meeting rooms in a variety of sizes, ranging from a cozy conference room setting for small groups to a larger room with capacity for up to 100 participants.
All meeting rooms are equipped with wireless, high-speed internet access, basic A/V equipment, “tack-friendly” walls and adjacent snack bars.
For the guest’s free time the facility offers: horseback riding, canoeing and kayaking, fishing, fresh and salt water swimming, cycling, hiking, fitness center, disc golf course, soccer fields, lighted basketball court, horseshoe pits and “Bluegill pond” (a specially stocked pond for children to fish).
The facility is a hospitality complex situated on 100 acres featuring 32 guest cabins with 18,220 SF of enclosed living area, a 9,378 SF conference center, a 7,189 SF restaurant with meeting space, an approximate 2,000 SF fitness center and an approximate 1,500 SF hot tub grotto. Total building area is estimated to be 38,287 SF. Ancillary features include miscellaneous storage buildings, horseshoe and volleyball courts, saltwater swimming pool, outdoor rope course, and Artesian wells which feed a grouping of natural and man made lakes.