Established for 53 years and specialising in bulk haulage of grain, aggregates and minerals, this well respected and highly profitable (21% gross margin) family run bulk haulage business, has grown steadily since its inception in 1955. In more recent years, the business has seen revenues increase from £602,505 in 2003, to £851,349 in 2007. The latest accounts show an impressive 14% growth in turnover for 2008, resulting in a massive 75% increase in pre-tax profits for the year. If that’s not recession-busting, then nothing is!With such an impressive growth-rate over the last 5 years (41%), this business offers the new owner the very real prospect of continued strong growth well into the future. Equally notable, 90% of turnover is generated from repeat business. The remaining 10% is gained from referrals and word-of-mouth recommendations. The owners do NOT advertise or actively market the business in any way. Imagine the results if they did! Over the decades, this family owned business has built an enviable reputation based on trust, reliability, honesty and consistent delivery on its promises. Its loyal customer base of 70+ is located mainly throughout the southern counties of England, with some well known household names featuring amongst them.Five drivers, each averaging 13 years service with the company, operate a fleet of four 44-Ton tractor units, one 32-Ton rigid truck, plus six tipping trailers, specialising in the haulage of grain (75%) with the balance of 25% in aggregates and minerals. After 33 years of running the business on a daily basis, the owner wishes to semi-retire to pursue other interests. The business currently generates average net earnings of £10,512 per month after deduction of payroll and other expenses. The asking price is £695,000. Contact David Mattocks on 0845 094 3041 or email him at email@example.com for further details.
Asking Price $903,987
Profit Available On Request
Converted From GBP
Exchange Rate $1.30
You May Also Like
Moving Home Services #467429 posted Apr 28, 2017
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Available On Request
Moving Home Services. Ref.BFS5421 Asking Price Offers Invited Turnover £135,000 Premises Relocatable About the Company The business provides a range of services to help older people move home. This includes helping clients and their families search for accommodation, sell the old house, de-clutter...
Nationwide Courier & Light Haulage Contractor #468178 posted May 11, 2017
- North Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
- $253,636 (£195,000 GBP)
Nationwide Same Day Courier & Light Haulage Contractor Up to 3.5 Tonne Ref. GP222 Location : North Yorkshire Asking Price : £195,000 This business is an established, experienced Same Day Courier and specialist light haulage/logistics business (up to 3.5 Tonne), which prides itself on providing a...
Established Moving Business #459331 posted Dec 11, 2016
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- $67,657 ($85,000 CAD)
Well established moving business with a very recognizable brand. Turn-key, includes 2 relatively new moving trucks and 1 service van (financing already in place). Very Professional Image and presentation to customers. Training provided. Just requires a self-starter marketer to continue to grow this...
Did you know that social networking is a great way to buy a business? Sign up now and we'll show you how.
Disclaimer: DealStream has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.