Details - Information last confirmed on November 16, 2020
Founded in 2017 by an MIT PhD engineer to address the growing demand for extraction technology, this company develops industrial-grade, Supercritical CO2 extraction machinery for use in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries. Incorporating a team of best in class engineers and scientists and armed with strong IP, the company designs and manufactures commercial machines, custom or standard SKU, from the ground up fully in house.
The Company currently continues expansion of its product offering to include developing a novel environmentally friendly sterilization technology with broad potential applications including mitigating the spread of the Coronavirus and other pathogens. Jan to September 2020 generated $1.9MM in revenue. There has also been a new product launch for "high-throughput Butane extraction equipment.” The Company constantly innovates. For example, there are new cannabinoid conversion projects have been launched involving a process developed for converting CBD to THC (Patent-pending process and process skid to convert CBD to high potency delta 9 THC with >95% efficiency).
CO2 Extraction: Common use cases for the Company’s machinery include extraction of lipids, oils, resins, dyes, aromatherapy oils, food additives, hemp, and hemp-related biomass. The largest target customer market utilizes the Company’s machines to extract cannabinol (“CBD”) from hemp biomass.
Supercritical CO2 extraction offers the highest efficiency for the lowest operating costs. The process is simply the best way to extract essential oils on an industrial scale. Supercritical CO2 is highly efficient, often able to extract > 98% of precious active compounds and oils. In addition, supercritical CO2 has a number of other advantages:
• CO2 costs far less than ethanol – only pennies per pound in bulk.
• CO2 leaves no residual solvents – no risk of product contamination.
• CO2 is clean and easy – no risk of contamination by pesticides, water, or other compounds.
• CO2 is easy to handle and store – no risk of fire or explosions.
Sterilization Technology: Supercritical CO2 in combination with co-solvents is used in our machines to sterilize medical devices and garments to a SAL 3 or SAL 6 level.
The Company differentiates as follows:
• CO2 Extraction products intended for industrial Scale Production for greater than 2000+ Pounds/Day
• 2x25L CO2 Extraction products that are scalable and meet the needs of independent producers
• Full engineering and design capabilities. manufacturing most major components from first principles
• ASME and PE Certifications, TSSA, CRNs, and other third-party certifications supplied as required
• Pricing structure is competitive with the national brands
• Proprietary processes that provide the ability to produce THC-free extracts from hemp biomass, using direct-to-Isolate (“DTI”) methods that eliminate multiple expensive and time consuming steps in conventional cannabis extraction, resulting in a single-step, solvent-free process to make premium THC-free extracts from low value biomass.
• Processes and equipment that provide the ability to increase throughput of the CO2 extraction process, using High Density Drying (HDD) which increases the density of biomass feedstock. Higher density biomass means greater mass per extraction cycle and no need to increase the extraction tank volume, resulting in 80% increase in biomass density.
Learn More About This Listing
Sign up for a free basic membership to start buying and selling. Learn about our membership plans.
Disclaimer: DealStream has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.