Project Developer is planning to build a power plant producing electricity and heat in the South-East of Hungary that has an authorized capacity of 50 MWel and could reach a capacity of 67 MWel.
Developer has exclusive access and all the needed licenses to exploit the largest geothermal reservoir in Hungary.
Total Investment Cost EUR 224mn, of which €18mn already invested by Project Developer.
- 25% will be financed with Equity (€ 51.5 ml - including EU Capital Contributions)
- 75% with Debt
- Proposed Transaction is to raise EUR 25mn
Attractive regulatory framework:
• Feed-in-Tariffs granted by the Hungarian Government
• New finance for Hungarian renewable energy production (EU plan 2014-2020 provides funds for 8,3 billion euros)
• New concession law 2013 includes geothermal, oil, gas and shale development
Favorable geographic location:
• Earth's crust thinner than average (~25 km) due to sub-crustal erosion
• Geothermal gradient higher than the world average
• Largest geothermal energy potential of low and medium-enthalpy in Europe
• Presence of high-enthalpy resources, not exploited yet
Attractive competitive environment:
• Currently zero-competition on the electricity production segment
• New projects are carried on by major local utilities
• Hungarian Government is supporting energy projects for reducing the dependency from energy imports
• Republic of Hungary issue the National Renewable Energy Action Plan 2010-2020: Geothermal Energy new installed power expected 57MW electricity (Action Plan page 201)
Experienced Management & Technical Partners:
• The management has developed a strong know-how in the renewable energy sector (photovoltaic 30 MW, Biogas 3 MW)
mn EUR Revenue EBITDA
2015 11.6 10.9
2016 39.8 33.6
2017 40.6 34.2
2018 41.4 34.9
Project IRR is min 14%
Asking Price Over $20,000,000
Sales Available On Request
Profit Available On Request
You May Also Like
2 Operational Solar Energy Parks for Sale #359612 posted Jun 29, 2014
- Between $5,000,000 and $7,500,000
2 fully-operational and licensed/accredited solar energy parks for sale in Romania. Park 1: 4.89 MW offered at EUR7mn. Park 2: 4MW offered at EUR6mn. 50% Debt Financing is available for purchasing these parks. This investment will offer the investor an IRR of more than 16% with an annual Net Cash...
30 MW Tidal Wave Power Project in UK #456949 posted Oct 30, 2016
- United Kingdom
Project Summary: Project will produce 30MW of reliable electricity, at a lower price and risk than existing tidal stream projects; resultant from its design, collaborative nature and commercially minded approach. The project internal rate of return (“IRR”) will be dependent on the level of project...
GasTurbines Generating Fac 2-16.6 MW/HR Facilities #453442 posted Sep 8, 2016
- Between $2,500,000 and $5,000,000
Two turbines including generator systems are available for sale. Both systems used as emergency systems for the aluminum industry, always maintained very carefully and monthly tested, but did not run for more the 1200 hours each. These turbines, each with a capacity of 16,6 MWh, are very suitable for...
Did you know that social networking is a great way to buy a business? Sign up now and we'll show you how.
Disclaimer: DealStream has not independently verified any of the information in this listing and makes no warranty as to its accuracy or completeness.