Jan 12, 2020 — Our client is selling their highly sought-after Western Canadian, urban Gr. PreK-7 private Montessori School group. Founded more than 20 years ago, the Preschool & Gr. K-7 elementary day school is one of the few options in its market, offering a co-ed independent Montessori school that is provincially accredited & licensed to enroll local & international students.
Their students consistently test higher than their peers in standardized testing, highlighting the effectiveness of their Montessori program, and their graduates are placed in advanced programs at other sought-after schools. They have a highly respected market reputation & consistently maintain clean regulatory reviews, resulting in continued accreditation & licensing. This enables the school to integrate its world-famous Montessori approach while meeting & exceeding Ministry of Education mandates.
Overall, the school has demonstrated consistent profits, generating +$1M in revenue & adjusted EBITDA of $125K in 2018, & adjusted EBITDA of $210K in 2020. The school currently enrolls over 100 students, with capacity for approximately 130 students in their current facilities. The added students can generate upwards of another +$500K with little additional overhead. Due to changes in zoning & development regulations, there are limited options for other competitors to establish elementary or preschools in their market.
Accordingly, this highly coveted opportunity provides buyers the opportunity to acquire a premium Montessori preschool & elementary school in a prime Western Canada market, allowing new owners the ability to develop an expanded local & international student program, as well as the option of adding a high school program. Building on this, the school is surrounded by significant residential developments that will dramatically increase enrollment. Additionally, new owners can expand the school's model into other under-served nearby suburban markets, leveraging their proven brand, unblemished reputation & streamlined educational/business model. Everything is in place for new ownership to take the school to the next level & benefit from a premium private school brand.
Consequently, the school is exceptionally well-positioned for growth, leveraging its coveted Montessori program. It has a solid foundation in place to operate a high-quality private day school offering a turn-key platform for investors entry into the premium Western Canadian private PreK-12 school market & expansion opportunities into nearby suburban markets.
* Unrivaled Opportunity To Acquire A Prestigious Montessori Preschool & Elementary School in a highly sought-after * Western Canadian market.
* The Only PreK-7 Integrated Montessori Program In Its Market, located in the center of new multiple residential developments.
* Profitable School Business For The Past 20 Years with +$1M in revenue & $125K adjusted EBITDA in 2018 & $210K adjusted EBITDA in 2020.
* Capacity To Increase Enrollment By An Additional 25% in the existing facilities generating a bonus $500K revenue.
* +5,000 SF Of Updated Facilities with the option to lease or purchase.
* Highly Regarded Montessori Brand & Scalable Business Model designed for roll-out of multiple new campuses in other under served nearby suburban markets.
* Flexibility To Recruit International Students & the option to Add a High School Program.