Sep 24, 2019 — Located on Northern Ambergris Caye, Belize approximately 18.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and 1.6 miles south of the Mexican border is a unique investment for the right visionary. The property is within the Bacalar Chico National Park and Marine Reserve, a recognized UNESCO World Heritage Site on the doorstep of the world's second-longest barrier reef. The surrounding region is home to Mayan archaeological sites, nesting grounds for sea turtles and endangered American crocodiles, a dazzling abundance of flora, fauna, home to some of the best diving on the planet. Property has series of ancient Mayan hand-dug-canals. This virtually untouched property is 1,200 feet of Caribbean Beachfront. It is an incredible opportunity for development to profit from the tremendous tourism potential of "Mother Nature's Best-Kept Secret."
74.25 acres on Ambergris Caye, Belize District, Belize
18º 9.68' N 87º 50.47' W
The approved development plan for this area calls for a low-density, low-impact luxury eco-resort that protects and showcases the native forests and coastal and lagoonal waters.
· 74.25 acres, including 41.14 acres of lagoonal waters and 1,200 feet of beachfront
· 42 accommodation units, featuring luxury eco-villas, beachfront and stilted casitas, and Caribbean-style overwater cabañas
· Beach club/restaurant and bar
· Spa and fitness center
· Massage pavilion
· Library and observation deck
· Sunset amphitheater
· Beach and swimming area
Location & Access
· Located on northern Ambergris Caye, approximately 18.5 miles north of San Pedro Town and 1.6 miles south of the Mexican border
· Located within the Bacalar Chico National Park and Marine Reserve, a recognized UNESCO World Heritage Site
· On the doorstep of the Belize Barrier Reef, the second-longest in the world and home to some of the best diving on the planet
· Property is currently only accessible by boat through a picturesque series of ancient Mayan hand-dug canals – establishment of helipad will improve accessibility.
Listing site: [ external link ]